Friday, April 18, 2014

Mother Nature, Hear Me Roar!


I put my boots away for the fifth and final time yesterday. I don’t care if it snows again, or the mercury drops below freezing. I am moving on with life. On to a new season, on to Spring.

I made this grand gesture yesterday in great theatrical form (just ask my family). I flung open the closet doors, tucked the boots waaaaaaay back in the closet, and covered them with every pair of sandals and flip-flops I own. It is at this time that I also proclaimed that I am not wearing tights or hose again until next October, AND I may even put away my heavy coat.

I realize I am probably jinxing it for the rest of you, and for that I apologize. But at some point, someone has to say: enough is enough. Mother Nature hear me roar! I am moving on to Spring with or without you.

It was easy to be brave at that time while I was watching Chief Meteorologist Mark Tarello tell me we may hit 70 next week. I am experienced enough with Minnesota weather to know that the following week after that it could take an ugly turn. But I won’t turn with it. I will begin spring time activities. There is precious little time before the heat and humidity of summer closes in on us. Before mosquitos descend onto our yards, decks, our lives. So the time to enjoy Spring is now…the calendar says so. Onward! Springing forward in The Good Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment