Tuesday, August 6, 2013

The Good Life


After this weekend, one thing is certainly clear now, Southern Minnesota is realizing the awesomeness (yes, I believe that is a real word) of Mankato's Riverfront Park and the Vetter Stone Amphitheater.
It just took a little ribs and rock–n–roll to get them there.
What is also clear, is that Mankato's Ribfest 2013 was about more than the irresistible smells, tastes, and sounds.
This event was about community, collaboration...and just plain and simple..coolness.
As the park filled up with people Saturday night, it also filled up with pride and the realization that our area has a real gem, waiting to be discovered right there along the river.
Okay, there may have been a few grumblings from some waiting in the beer or bathroom line.
Although, to be honest with you, I even had fun there. I could still hear the music...and while inching forward every couple of minutes, I saw folks who live just a few houses down from me, but who I have to leave the neighborhood to see.
And, while waiting, I visited with people I'd never met before but am glad I know now.
 The best though is parking yourself in your lawn chair in the beautiful stone seating area...it’s just like you are sitting on your back porch. (Except, Loverboy will probably never be playing in your backyard!) Because, whether there were friends or strangers in the chairs around you, the conversation and the laughter rang out.
A beautiful outdoor setting, an amazing amphitheater, perfect weather and, you know I'm going to mention this: great people, proved to be a perfect recipe for Ribfest success.
One recipe that helps make up The Good Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment