Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Embrace Each Season

The days are getting shorter, the mornings cooler...the smell in the air is even changing....as we head into a new season. For almost half a century now, I have experienced this change of seasons from summer to fall to winter to spring. I always feel a new season brings with it a sense of excitement, a new beginning. I was recently reminded that life has seasons, too. Times where we move from one stage in life to another, bringing a sense of excitement and a new beginning of sorts. Looking back on my life, my seasons changed with the move from high school to college, from college to professional life, and from being single to being married. My seasons also changed with the birth of each child. Each new little beginning of life also, of course, changed mine. Now as my children are growing I find it is time for me to grow as well. And I once again find my life entering into a new season. Change is often hard, that's not news. But I've learned, just as I embrace each new season– with swimsuits in the summer and snowboots in the winter– I must also embrace this new season in my life. So with the winds of change blowing my way, my role at KEYC will be changing in the coming weeks. I'll step out from behind the anchor desk to make room for someone else entering an exciting new season in their life. I have truly enjoyed my four years sharing stories important to Southern Minnesotans and Northern Iowans each day at noon. But I have found there is a new opportunity for me here at KEYC. It allows me to do what's best for my family, while still being a part of the KEYC family! And it's a chance for me to learn another side of the industry. So, although I will no longer be visible on the air, I will certainly continue to be visible in this community! Yes, the winds of change are blowing my way. Pushing me into the next season of my Good Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment